25 December 2006

God Bless us Everyone...


Well, it's Christmas. A great holiday for reflection and remembrence. I for one am remembering my dog, Inga. Just about the greatest hound on the planet. She was a rescue dog we saved from the Baltimore Humane Society in 1993. She was literally on death row, no doubt a victim of Mike Nifong's erroneous prosecutorial conduct. After fourteen year plus of great life, her little doggy body had just worn out.

I like to think that her spirit is romping in the realm of perpetually falling slices of beef and panicky small animals.

In the meantime, a posting of some underway time on the USS CARNEY DDG 64 during UNITAS 2006. We were taking on fuel from the Chilean oiler ARAUCANO. On the starboard side of the ARAUCANO was the USCG MOHAWK.





Merry Christmas to all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had to go and make me cry on Christmas, didn't you?DIDN'T YOU?....

Ah, well....As was said, best dog in the world. I loved how she learned how to recognize the sound of the blue Chevy S10.....and whimper at my feet when I got out of the cab. But, I seem to have that affect on people....:)

Anonymous said...

My deepest thoughts today are on Inga... what a wonderful sweet girl...

sonicfrog said...

It's funny how our pets become so much a part of the family. I know you provided for her a wonderful life.

Merry Christmas.

Cosmic Connie said...

What a beautiful girl your Inga was, CD. Dogs (and yes, even cats) really are part of the family, aren't they?

I love your blog, by the way.

Citizen Deux said...

WoW! Thanks Connie! For those nine visitors I have regularly, take a moment to visit Connie's site!

Captain USpace said...

..
absurd thought -
God of the Universe hates
hearing MERRY HOLIDAYS!!!
..