29 November 2006

A weighty subject...


Above are the before and after photos...

And now a shameless plug.


I had one of those life changing events at the beginning of the summer (and since then I have had too many more than my liking). My civilian physical and my Navy annual physical coincided at the same time. Both docs provided me with the same message - you can not bluff your way into middle age.


In short, lose weight, watch your diet and exercise or you are going to be in trouble.


A genuine fear of being smacked around by my youngest son suddenly arose in my head. Nevermind that Citizen Une has been able to TKD me into oblivion since I married her. I know too many other fathers in the neighborhood who subscribed to the local gravity theory of maintaining their family togetherness. In other words, if they are the most massive object in the region, then Newtonian physics takes over and their family stays nearby.


Hopefully in a relatively safe orbit.


Sort of like the Law of Attraction.


Nonetheless, I enlisted the help of a local training gym and a friend of mine, Lauren Muney. Lauren is the founder of Physical Mind and a personal coach (see links under Good for the Soul). She provided several simple approaches tailored to my own irascible personality designed to help me get more fit. To be honest, I was dubious. I had always been in the 180-188 weight class.


A little more than four months later I am teetering at 163.


Yike!


A lot of this is credited to Lauren's thorough approach and comprehensive attention to my personality and goals. I still have a lot of work to do, but the bulk of it is behind me.


Thanks Lauren.


6 comments:

Regan said...

*does happy dance*

Go Lauren. Go Deux. Go Lauren. Go Deux. Make it funky. Get your groove on.

*wanders off*

Anonymous said...

Christ. Now I am even more depressed......

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome! You did it yourself, really!! (Send pics to my email account?!) Can I quote you on this? Of coure, I'll keep your dear moniker if that's what you prefer...

Citizen Deux said...

Lauren, quote away. Your help and careful analysis of my needs made all the difference in the world.

I have posted the before and after photos...

;-)

Anonymous said...

We want the real before and after pictures, Buckaroo Banzai.

Unknown said...

I did the same on the Atheist Diet

Isn't it great being attractive to women again! :)